OPERATION SHINE CAMP is a two-day camp for kids ages 7-12 experiencing Autism Spectrum Disorders and related conditions. The camp is held at the Covenant Cedars Bible Camp near Hordville, NE. The days will include arts/crafts, swimming, fishing, archery, crate stacking, sensory activities and more!
- Each Camper has at least one "1-on-1" Dream Big Camper
- All Staff & Volunteers have received training in the specific disorders that will be present at camp.
- There is nursing staff on-site 24/7.
- There are 2 mental health therapists on-site 24/7.
- All cabins have handicap accessible full bathroom facilities
Volunteers needed in a variety of areas around camp such as:
- Big Campers (ages 16+)
- Relief Big Campers - to relieve assigned Big Campers on breaks or overnight shifts in the sensory room. (ages 16+)
- Junior Big Campers to assist big campers as needed (ages 13-15)
- Activity Coordinators and assistants to be available where needed around camp (ages 13+)
- And many more......
Sponsorships are also needed. If you would like to donate individually or know of a business or organization that would like to be a part of this great experience for the kids, please let us know. Scholarships are available as well to purchase for a child. Scholarships will be $300 which will pay for the child to attend along with their "Dream Big" camper. Will you help us make some incredible memories for these children? We hope so!
If you would like a camper or volunteer registration form, you can contact us by phone at (308)830-0225 or by email at email@example.com. Together we can make a difference! Dream Big!
"You cannot blend in....when you're meant to SHINE!"